Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fish Cakes

I've written a message at the bottom of this post that doesn't have anything to do with the recipe. Just letting you know that there is more than just the recipe.

Today I'm posting a recipe for fish cakes and remoulade sauce.

For the sauce here's what you need:

1 cup of mayo
2 tsp lemon juice
3 tsp parsley
2 TBS sweet relish (you can leave this out, though)
1/2 cup ketchup
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
a dash of paprika

Mix ingredients together and chill.

For the fish cakes you will need: (there are different options so read carefully)

2 cans of tuna OR crab meat OR shrimp
1 pkg Stove Top Stuffing mix for chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped celery OR shredded carrots
1/3 cup mayonaise
2 TBS sweet pickle relish
3/4 cup water


**Before I give you the directions, let me warn you that this recipe will make 12 fish cakes. A serving size would be 2 cakes. I always half the recipe. A good site I use to calculate proportions is here. I use this site a lot when I want to increase or decrease recipes.


Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.

Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Now get a 1/3 cup measuring cup and scoop out mixture. Make a patty with each scoop. You can put them in the fridge after this until ready to cook, or you may go ahead and cook them.
Spray some Pam on a large skillet and heat it up on medium.
Lay the cakes on the skillet and gently flatten them with a spatula.

Cook 3 minutes on each side or until they're golden brown on both sides, turning the cakes over carefully.

Remember to get your sauce out of the fridge.

Enjoy!
On a serious note:
I don't usually post many personal things about my family on here...Just silly stories from my life that include me and Cory. I'm not going to go in to much detail and if you know me then you already know that my father-in-law has just been diagnosed with leukemia. He's getting treatment right now and is feeling alright but he still needs prayers. Please pray for him and my mother-in-law (and rest of the fam) as he beats this stinkin' crud. He's a strong man and I know he's going to kick leukemia's butt. Just please keep him in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates