Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Wrap-up

Well, I just got back to Tuscaloosa after a wonderful Thanksgiving break. I wish there were two Thanksgiving Days, though because then I feel like it would have been a little more wonderful. Since Cory and I have been married we've been alternating who's family's Thanksgiving dinner we'll go to. This year it was my family's turn. I really enjoyed seeing my extended family and catching up with them but I did miss seeing Cory's side of the family. Good thing that Christmas is just around the corner. :)
Thank you to anyone who said a prayer for me since my last post. I was really stressed that week but things have simmered down a little. Since it was such a stressful week at school I decided to take off the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (we had to go to school on Mon & Tues). I'm so glad that I did because I got to see my sister, Angie, an extra day. I had not seen her since March and I won't get to see her until probably June, since she'll be with her fiance's family during Christmas. I tried to spend as much time possible with her and we had a blast. I hate that I missed seeing some friends who were in town (or live in town) but I'm hoping I'll see them during Christmas time and after since I'm MOVING BACK :)

Driving back to Tuscaloosa is always a little hard, especially after being home for almost a whole week, but I had a few things that made me smile along the way:

1. Christmas music playing (I heard almost all of my favorite Christmas songs)
2. The weather was beautiful. The sun was shining so bright and there were plenty of trees that still had their pretty red, orange, and yellow leaves on them.
3.I saw a calf getting a drink from his mother.
4. The Cujo-looking dog was clean and not so scary....Here's the story on this one. Have you ever seen the Stephen King movie Cujo? If you haven't then you're probably better off. It's about a Saint Bernard who's got rabies and lives at an abandoned house and terrorizes this family and town. I don't know what made me watch it but I did and it freaked me out. Cujo is really bloody and dirty. Here's a pic of him.
Well, a few weeks ago as I was driving to the Shoals I saw a dog that looked like Cujo (dirty dog minus the blood) outside of an old, run-down house. I wanted to take a picture of him but feared a movie reenactment and went on my way. I had not seen Cujo the last two times I've made the drive from Tuscaloosa to Muscle Shoals, but today I did! And he was clean and not so scary. It made me happy that the dog was not rabid and had some owners who kept him clean....wow, sorry for the random rant. Back to my list...
5. This should be my last time having to drive back to Tuscaloosa to our apartment!!! (knock on wood) Cory will be coming here the next few weekends to load up our furniture. Whoo hoo!

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry we didn't make it Saturday night.I'm glad you had a good break and I'm really excited this will be your last time driving there. I will be there for sure on the Dec. 19 if you are still around.

    ReplyDelete

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates