Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Third Time's a Charm

Two weekends ago I had the urge to paint some furniture (weird, I know). Instead of going out and buying more furniture that we don't have room for I decided to change up a piece I already had. Cory was super sweet & helpful and joined right in.
Before we got married Cory received this table from my sister, Angie, during one of her moves. Here's a picture of it, minus the doors, right after he inherited it.
Cory & I decided to paint it his favorite color:green (a very light shade and a darker one). We were really excited because it was our first piece of furniture to paint. We even signed our names & date on the bottom of it when we were done. It made me smile to see it when we were redoing it. Here's a picture of it after the first paint job.
This time around we decided to strip the paint off of the top and stain it a darker color. We decided to paint the bottom half a creamy white. Here it is now.
Here's a close up of the new pulls. They're clear crystal looking with a stain brushed on them to look antique. I got them at Hobby Lobby for about $3.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates