Sunday, September 6, 2009

Drip Bottles

Yes, this is another bottle project. If you read this post about bottle vases, then you know my love for bottles. Today's post is actually a craft I use to do with my childhood friend when we were in 5th grade. So I guess this is a juvenile craft but I still think it's pretty nifty. It's also a great way to recycle old crayons, which if you're like me is when the nice sharpened tip is worn down. :)


Here's what ya need:


a bottle, a lighter, some old (or new) crayons, and a candle is optional





First, peel the paper off of the crayons.


Next place some paper under your bottle.


Now melt the crayons onto the bottle. If you use a lighter it can get a little messy. I used an old candle in case of any crayon drippings.




And th-th-th-that's all folks! (that was said in my best Porky Pig voice)


A very simple craft that's fun to sit on a shelf. You can also use the bottles as candle holders. It's also fun to use seasonal colors (ex: red & green for Christmas, orange & black for Halloween, and pastels for Easter)


Not to hate on Roseart crayons but the colors weren't all that wonderful. For a nicer palette, I would go with Crayola. They provide pretty light blues and gold & silver.


Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a dandy day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates