Friday, August 7, 2009

Things That Make You Go Yum

So the C+C Music Factory song, "Things That Make You Go Hmmm" has been going on in my head all day. As I was cooking this treat I substituted the "hmm" for "yum"...I know, I'm corny. :)
Last night I was looking through my recipes and found one that I had torn out of a magazine a while back. (I think it was from Woman's Day) It was for some cream filled cupcakes that I had yet to try and bake. I thought I would make them for the weekend.
Here's what you need for the cake.

Box of yellow cake mix & ingredients to prepare it. I used butter golden recipe. Also you'll need cupcake liners.
Prepare the cake mix according to package. While the cupcakes are baking you can make the filling. The filling calls for:

1 (8 oz) tub of cool whip, thawed
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
With an electric mixer mix the the cream cheese & cool whip until blended. Add the sugar. Chill in the fridge for a while.
After your cupcakes have cooled all the way, get the filling out of the fridge and put it in a pastry bag and inject each cupcake with about a tablespoon of cream.

Now for the frosting. You'll need:


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
2 3/4 cups powder sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
In a medium bowl, combine butter and marshmallow cream. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat in vanilla and milk until spreadable consistency is reached.
Now spread the frosting over the top of the cupcakes. Store covered in the refrigerator.



And because sprinkles make things look better...


The cupcakes are pretty darn tasty. The frosting is rich so the cream filling kind of "neutralizes" it and is kind of like having a glass of milk with it...I'm not sure if that makes sense, so you'll have to try them to understand what I mean.
Also the sprinkles, although very pretty & colorful, make the cupcakes even sweeter, so I had to make some "naked". Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates