Saturday, June 25, 2011

Very Pinteresting

I know that most people have known about and have used Pinterest for a while now but I am just getting hooked. If you have no clue what I am talking about then check it out here.
I am a very visual person and really appreciate pretty pictures. Since I was in middle school I would tear out magazine pictures that I liked. Usually they were pictures of interior decorating ideas,wedding inspirations, yummy looking foods & their recipes, funny advertisements, and of course, cute animals. The house and wedding pictures I would put into a folder for when I needed them (ha, my taste changed quite a bit by the time I did get married). The other pictures I would tape on my door or put on my bulletin board. Then in college I advanced to finding fun pictures on the Internet and instead of printing them out I would save them into folders on my computer. I still do that to this day. I actually have been pulling from some saved pictures for house ideas now.
A few months ago I read about Pinterest and saw that it was a website that you could save the pictures you liked on an online page. It seemed tempting but I thought I would just stay with what I had been doing. Then I realized that when you save or "pin" a picture that it would link back to the source where you saw it. When I saved pictures on my computer I wouldn't always write the website where I found it which caused frustration when I wanted to possibly see directions for how to make something or if I wanted to site my source. I also realized that if my computer crashed I would lose all of my saved photos. I try and back my computer up but you know how that goes...
So, last week I finally joined (it's free) and I L.O.V.E it! If you "follow" me on there I apologize for pinning like crazy! It's just so fun! I love that when you pin something it says, "Success". It makes me feel like I did a good job :) Anyway, if you're not on Pinterest, I encourage you to do so....and you can follow me so I'll know to follow you :) Oh, and if you check it out and see my page don't think that you have to just post pictures of house things and animals. You create your own categories. I've seen people who post books they love, childhood memories(tv shows & toys), cars they want, hair cuts they like, photography inspiration, music they love, wedding ideas, clothes for their kids, places they want to go, favorite movies, and so on and so on. It really is great!
Well, I'm off to go "pin" some more. I hope you enjoy your weekend and happy pinning!
I think that this will take you to my page (click here) if you want to check it out to see how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates