Sunday, November 15, 2009

$175,000 Brownies

Well Cory's birthday was a good one. He woke up and we grabbed some lunch, then I had to help with a Beauty Pageant at school from 12:30-6:00, so Cory got to play his video games all day without me giving him a hard time about it ;), and then we went out to eat with some friends, and then came back to our place to enjoy some cake. Cory was really happy to have a pirate hook. He wanted to wear it for his traditional "Cory holding his birthday cake" picture.
Look how cute he is :)

Anyway, today I'm posting a delicious recipe that a friend gave me a long time ago. It's called $175,000 brownies but don't worry, they're cheap to make. They just taste like they cost that much. They taste like brownie mixed with cheesecake.

Here's what you need:
1 box of Duncan Hines butter recipe fudge cake mix (a reg chocolate cake mix will work too)
1 stick melted butter
3 eggs
4 c. powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. chocolate chips ( I use a little more)

Directions:
Mix cake mix, ONE egg, melted butter in medium bowl. Press mixture in 9x13 pan.
Mix 2 eggs, powdered sugar, cream cheese together until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour this mixture over cake batter.
Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Cool completely.
Here's what they look like:

Look at that yummy gooey-ness.
Enjoy!

FYI: My Christmas music ban until after Thanksgiving is off. As I was scanning the radio the other day I heard one of my favorite Christmas songs and it totally got me Christmas happy. I've decided that the radio is playing Christmas songs because it's hard to be grumpy when such jolly music is on. Especially during bad economic times maybe it will lift peoples spirits to hear some cheery music.

1 comment:

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates