Monday, November 9, 2009

Yogurt Mountain

This past weekend I came down with a cold or sinus problem of some sort. I basically camped out on the couch for two days, watched movies, and let Cory take care of dinner (5 Guys & McCallister's...I should get sick more often ;) Last night he was such a sweetheart and took me to a new place in town called Yogurt Mountain to cheer my spirits. Let me tell you, it is as good as it sounds. Cory even said that we can "scale Yogurt Mtn. again" -- poor Cory has been around me too long and has started making cheesy jokes. :)



Yogurt Mountain has 16 flavors of yogurt and TONS of toppings choices. You get to fix your ice cream buffet style and then they weigh it for you to price it.

I was very excited to get my cup and fill it up with some cake batter yogurt. I decided to just stick to one flavor of yogurt so I could focus on the toppings' flavors. There were so many toppings to choose from: sprinkles, crushed up candy bars, cookies, brownies, gummies, cinnamon roll bits, fruit, nuts, cereal, granola and more! I started topping my yogurt with Twix bits, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, cherries, brownie bits, hot fudge, and caramel. After topping my yogurt I realized I hadn't tried anything that was “spontaneous” and that I have had all these toppings on frozen treats before (not at the same time, though). I tried something that was called Mochi. Yeah, didn't know what it was, and don’t know what possessed me to try it out of the other options. I looked up the definition and here is what Mochi is: is a Japanese rice cake and molded into shape.

It was in the shape of Dot candy, you know the gummy candy in a yellow box? But it was clear and very jelly-like. It didn't have an awful taste, but a weird texture with a funny after taste. Fortunately, I only added a few of these Mochis (sp?)

It was fun adding all the toppings. I couldn't wait to try my dish and then I look over to Cory and he has one topping…BORING! Haha. I’ll give him a little credit, he did get peach yogurt but he didn't explore all the toppings choices, which I feel is Yogurt Mountains claim to fame.

Here’s our lovely creations.



Our weight of yogurt cups together ended up being 17.6 oz which were mostly from my cup. They charge you about 45 cents an oz so we paid about $8 for ice cream. That's a little much but if you were to go to TCBY and get all the toppings that I did it would have been tons more. I did, however figure out how not to get carried away next time and keep the price down. Yogurt Mountain only provides one size cup, which is pretty big. Look at it compared to a soda can.



It's really wide too. That’s where they get ya! You think you have to fill the cup up with yogurt when really, if you do, it’s way more ice cream than you can eat. I have embarrassingly enough eaten a pint of ice cream straight out of the tub and this was much bigger than a pint.

Anyway, if you’re ever in Tuscaloosa and want to try it out for yourself, then I would love to go with you and show you the ropes ;) There’s also a YM in Birmingham too. You should check out their website: www.yogurtmountain.com

I apologize if my writing doesn't make much sense tonight. I’m taking a few cold medicines right now and feel light headed. Maybe I’m still on my high from Yogurt Mountain. :)

Here’s what Yogurt Mountain looks like in my head. Please don't be jealous of my mad paint skills.... haha. I've had way too much time on this couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates