Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm thankful for....

Since Thanksgiving is coming up I have been thinking of things that I’m thankful for. Of course I’m thankful for my husband who takes care of me, loves me even when I’m at my worse, and makes me smile daily. I’m thankful for my family (extended family too) who I’ve really come to appreciate more as I’ve gotten older. I’ve always loved them, but I realize how great they made things for me growing up. I’m very blessed to have grown up in a Christian home with parents who have stayed together for 30 plus years. I’m thankful for my salvation and my relationship with God. I’m also thankful for having a job. Last year when economic times started getting rough, I could have easily been let go from work. I was non-tenured at the time and teaching an elective class (a big red flag for letting go). We had four teachers not rehired and me and one other teacher got to not only keep our jobs, but get tenure. I’m thankful for working with great people. I’m thankful for my health & the good health of loved ones. I’m thankful for my friends. I know they are there for me even if I don’t get to see or talk with them all the time. I’m also thankful for the new friends I have made since I’ve lived in Tuscaloosa.

Here are some other things I’m thankful for that are silly or maybe even superficial…

-Of course, ICE CREAM. It’s such a wonderful treat that makes me happy on a bad day. I actually received some tonight from Mr. Cory. Thanks, bud J

-I’m thankful for spell check. Maybe it’s depending on spell check for many years or maybe from seeing middle schoolers’ work, but I’ve gotten to be a horrible speller and would be lost without it.

-I’m thankful for TiVo. I love being able to fast forward commercials and watching shows when I want to.

-I am thankful for snooze buttons.

-I am also thankful for Wi-Fi. And on the Internet note, I’m adding Google to the thankful list. I am constantly using Google. I also love it when Google has a decorated page for holidays/special days.

-I’m thankful for earplugs and eye shades. I’ve always hid a pair of earplugs in my pillowcase just in case I am awakened by an annoying noise during the night. In high school it was usually a chirping bird at 4am or thunder…now it’s my loud breathing aka snoring/sleep talking husband. Eye shades are also a wonderful thing now because of a very bright streetlight outside our apartment. It’s mega bright and we even have thick insulated curtains. At 11:00 pm it looks like 7:00 am in our bedroom. I’m very thankful to have something designed for just my eyes. My pillow over my head sometimes became suffocating.

-I am thankful for a coffee table that top lifts up. My parents gave one to me and Cory last year for Christmas and I.love.it. I can enjoy eating at normal table level while sitting comfortably on my couch. If you have no clue what I’m talking about, then you need to come over.

-I am thankful for text messages and predictive text. It’s so handy when you can’t call someone to send a text. I enjoy receiving texts from Cory throughout the day. It’s also a handy thing if you need to contact a lot of people at once.

-I’m thankful for dishwashers and air conditioners…these need no explanation.

-This one is a little weird, but stay with me. I’m thankful for being washable. Think about it, God made us so that we can get dirty and then wash ourselves and get clean. Like, we don’t dissolve in water or our color doesn’t wash away. There’s no limit on our cleaning…I probably just blew your mind. Just kidding.

-I am VERY thankful for Thanksgiving break!!!!! Which will be a full week for me this year. Whoop whoop!

There are plenty of more things that I’m thankful for. These are just a few. What are you thankful for?


I'm also thankful for silly pictures like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates