Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Wreath

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Cory & I sure did. We got to visit with lots of family & friends that we don't get to see hardly enough. During my days off I kept thinking it was Christmas break for some reason. Maybe it was me listening to Christmas tunes too early, maybe it was the craziness & decor at the stores, or maybe because I helped mom decorate the house, but I sure had Christmas on my mind! On Friday I even told Cory we should go to the stores to get half off on Christmas decorations (thinking they'd be on sale after Christmas). Crazy, I know.
Anyway, since Thanksgiving is over I can fully focus on Christmas time! Today I'm posting a wreath that I made that was inspired by a wreath that was at Starbucks last year.

Here's Starbucks' beautiful wreath. I was instantly drawn to the balls of yarn.

Here's what I used to make my own (plus & minus a few things)

Some red ornaments, green yarn, styrofoam balls. I had a foam wreath that I didn't use and I had to buy a few more small ornaments.
First I covered the styrofoam ball with yarn. This helped the yarn go further and kept the wreath lightweight. I used a hot glue gun to glue the yarn balls together. Then I added the red ornaments. I had originally tried to glue the balls to the styrofoam wreath form, but it didn't work out too well. Cory got a wire hanger and formed a circle to glue on the back of the wreath to help stabilize it.
Here's my creation (Warning: it's not as cute as Starbucks'):
You may not believe me, but I think it looks better in person. I'm actually thinking of taking it apart and trying it another way....if I do I'll be sure to post some pics.
I hope everyone has a nice back-to-normal week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates