Monday, December 7, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..

Well, actually it's been "looking like Christmas" in our apartment the week before Thanksgiving. I decorated before we left for Thanksgiving break so that when we came home it would already be done. Here are our decorations this year. Warning: there are lots of pictures.

Here's our front door. I got this wreath for 70% off last year. It was $6.23. Not to0 bad.

Our tree this year. You can't really see the ornaments in the picture.

Last year we didn't have a tree topper on our tree. I couldn't find one that I liked. I still can't, so I decided to make a bow myself. It's my first Christmas tree bow to make and it wasn't as hard as I thought. It's also not as pretty as the store's but the ribbon was half off and had red polka dots.
Here's our mini tree at the top of our stairs. A few years ago I bought a bag of cut ribbon from Hobby Lobby with no plan for them. I just thought the colors were pretty. I haven't used the ribbon for anything except tree decorations for the past 3 years. Anyone know a good ribbon craft?
This is on our toilet downstairs. The deer is actually a dog toy I got last year from Old Navy. I thought it would look cute on a kid's shelf one day.

Now for our kitchen decorations. I told Cory that we need more rooms so I can stick to a "theme" a room. The kitchen decor kind of clashes, but I wanted to put each thing out.
This is on our table. It's actually a wreath my mom bought me last year on sale. I just stuck a silver mercury glass candle holder inside of it.

This sits on top of our microwave. The plate is from my trip to All Fired Up.

This is where I said I needed more rooms because our nativity scene is on top of our pantry. It used to sit in our living room on my blue cabinet but now our television is on it. I had to put it out because it's my favorite. We got this for a wedding gift.
Last thing in the kitchen is one plate from my Christmas china. I like it because it looks vintage. I am actually not too crazy for the center design but love the holly around the edge. It's blackish brown leaves with tiny spots of pink and blue. I found the little tree on sale last year after Christmas. I thought the colors looked similar to the plate.

Now into our living room....

This is on our coffee table.


My sister, Angie, made this for me last year. It has lots of Christmas related words on it. I love it! Thanks again, sis! :)
I LOVE the way candy canes look & taste. I always put some out. I have another mug full in the kitchen.
Along the steps I have different sized gold mercury glass Christmas trees that I've been getting the last two years.
My mom always set this tree out with Christmas M&M's. She gave it to me last year, so now I can.
And that's all folks! (all that I took pictures of, at least) Thanks for looking if you made it to here. I hope everyone is having a great December so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates