Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ornament Branches

Today I'm sharing a simple Christmas decoration. I saw this idea from a Better Homes & Gardens magazine a few years ago, except they used real poinsettias.
All you need is a planter or vase of some sort (I used one that is white ceramic that is one of my favorite gifts I got when I got married), styrofoam, some branches or sticks from the yard, green ornaments, fake poinsettias, gold ribbon, and a hot glue gun.

First put some foam in the planter and insert your sticks.
Next get your ornament and hot glue a poinsettia to the top of it. In the magazine they actually filled the ornaments with water and used real flowers putting the stems inside the ornament. I personally think my way is better because this is the third year I'm using this and I haven't had to buy anything again. Anyway, tie some gold ribbon to the loop and then hang.
Here's the tree.



See? Very simple. Oh, and I don't use the same branches every year...they're always in stock in my front yard. :)
Have a dandy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates