Sunday, December 13, 2009

Toasted Coconut, Pecan, and Caramel Pie

With it being Christmas time Cory & I have a few parties/gatherings coming up. Just within the next week we have about four things to go to. Each event I have to bring a dessert and while I love cooking, it can get costly and time consuming. Today I'm posting a recipe that's super easy, inexpensive, time saving, and most importantly DELICIOUS! My mom gave this recipe to me last year and I love it.
The recipe makes two pies, which is why this is so inexpensive and time saving (b/c you can freeze a pie).

Here's what you need:

2 (9 inch) graham pie crusts

1/4 cup butter

1 (7 oz) package flaked coconut

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1 jar caramel ice cream topping

In a medium skillet, melt butter over low-medium heat. Add coconut and pecans. Toss well, and saute until coconut is lightly browned. Set aside to cool.

In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk and mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread 1/4 of cream cheese mixture into each pie crust.

Sprinkle 1/4 of coconut mixture over each pie

Drizzle 1/2 of caramel topping over each coconut layer.

Follow with remaining cream cheese mixture, then remaining coconut mixture. Then freeze.
I carried one of the pies to our Sunday School Christmas party last night. The other one is in my freezer for my work Christmas party. It will be nice not having to worry about fixing something the night before. See? Such a time saver! I hope this recipe helps you during this busy season.

On another note, I wanted to share this beautiful plate that I encountered today. Oh my goodness, is it not lovely?! It's made by Lenox. They have an everyday pattern called "Chirp" with little birds and turquoise around the edge. This is their Chirp Holiday and I love it. I wish these plates were available when I was registering for china....I may have to check some after Christmas sales for one plate...hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates