Thursday, December 17, 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Well, just the icing. I had to make some treats for a function and thought it would be nice to make some red velvet cupcakes. I just used a red velvet cake mix to make things easy. If you can't find a red velvet mix, you can always get a white cake mix and add 2 tbs of cocoa (or you can use chocolate pudding) and red food coloring. I've made homemade red velvet cake from scratch before but I think the box mix tastes just as good and is less hassle.
Anyway, on to the icing. I tried a new recipe for the cream cheese icing this year. I found one online with an ingredient I had never used before for this type of icing. Can you guess the ingredient?


If you guessed the marshmallow cream then you are correct!


Ingredients:
1 stick butter, softened
1 box confectioner sugar (4 cups)
1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup marshmallow cream
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
Blend cream cheese and butter together. Add marshmallow cream and sugar and mix. Fold in pecans.

Now ice your cupcakes!
I think this recipe was intended to frost a cake, so I had quite a bit of icing left over. You could probably half the recipe and be good OR you could make a cake instead and use all of the icing. I made cupcakes because they're easy to eat and they don't require a fork.
I also made cupcakes because I found these darling cupcake toppers on sale at Hobby Lobby a while back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates