Monday, January 18, 2010

Crescent Chicken

I'm posting a recipe today that Cory & I both really like. I got it from a church cookbook. Church cookbooks always have the best recipes. It's pretty simple and very delicious.
Here's what you need:
1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
2 Tbs butter, softened
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1 large can of cooked chicken*
1 can crescent rolls
3 Tbs butter, melted
1/3 cup herbal bread crumbs (Pepperidge Farm herbal dry stuffing mix)
1/2 soup can of milk
1 can cream of chicken soup**
1 can cream of celery soup**

*You can cook the chicken yourself and use 1 cup of it. I've found that the canned chicken it better in this recipe, though.
**You may use only one of these soups, but I like to mix them together

First you need to mix the cream cheese, softened butter, lemon pepper, and chicken together in a small bowl....I will look pretty gross.
Then open the crescent rolls and separate them on a baking sheet. Divide the chicken mixture into eight portions.
Now roll the dough into balls, making sure that the filling is completely sealed in.
Roll each ball in melted butter and then in the bread crumbs. I actually use more than 1/3 cup of crumbs.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Here's what they look like when they're done.

To make the sauce, mix the cream of celery and cream of chicken with a 1/2 can of milk in a small saucepan and heat thoroughly. Then pour the sauce over the crescent chicken. Cory likes to pour the sauce over rice too.
Enjoy! I hope everyone has a great week. :)

2 comments:

  1. YUM! That looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make these! Well, rather, I have made them once or twice before. . . one of my favorites :-D

    ReplyDelete

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates