Friday, January 8, 2010

It's not a Party in the USA

So I'm sure you've heard the Miley Cyrus song "Party in the USA". I'm not a Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus fan by any means, but I have to admit I like that song. It's catchy and fun to listen to. For Christmas my parents gave me an iTunes gift card. On Christmas day as my family was playing Rock Band and watching Christmas movies I sat in the living room with everyone and started to buy some songs. There were a few songs that I really wanted so I bought them. I still had quite a bit left on my account so I started thinking of other songs that I could buy. I started previewing different songs and Cory asked me to stop because 1. it's kind of annoying listening to bits of songs while other music is on and 2. one song that I previewed (that I had no idea what it was) had a very inappropriate lyric in it. The title wasn't a bad title and it didn't have the explicit word beside it. Anyway, when the sound clip played everyone heard it, including my younger cousins (so sorry, again). I agreed and decided to stick with songs that I knew.
I have a play list on Playlist.com (a free music site-you just can't burn a cd) that have all my "guilty pleasure" songs on it. You know, the ones you like but would never purchase because you wouldn't want to be listening to a CD with them on it and have a car wreck and die and people would wonder what you were listening to and it would be embarrassing....ok, so that's slightly morbid. The play list has some fun songs on it that I like to listen to while cleaning the apt. One song on there is Miley's "Party in the USA". I find myself playing that song regularly so I decided it would be ok to purchase as long as I mixed it with some "cool" music. I typed in the song's title, it came up with some songs, I clicked on one and then got called away to play a game. Later on that night, I pulled up my new songs and was going to play them for Cory. When I got to the "Party" song it was not the one I thought it was! It was a song by a GUY named Miles Cyrus. What a trickster! This experience has taught me the lesson to preview music before you buy it AND not to buy silly songs about parties. Some (aka Cory) thinks it was a blessing that I didn't get the song that I wanted.
I didn't buy the real song. I had actually forgotten about the incident until today when I was listening to my Ipod. I'm posting this to tell you to beware of Miles Cyrus and his tricky ways OR to give you the idea to 'pull a Miles' and cover a popular song (very poorly, at that) and take the original artist's name and change a letter of it, you could make some money off of ignorant people like me.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! This story cracks me up. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who does silly stuff that annoys my husband :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Have A Dandy Day | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates